I’ve finally had the opportunity to review the complaint filed against Paula Deen.
Many people have been making this incident about the “N” word only, but it’s much more than that.
I personally find it to be offensive whenever someone from another race is accused of using the “N” word they are somehow given a pass because of the use of the “N” word by some in the black communities. Let me be the first to say that I find the use of the word by anyone to be wrong. However, when it’s used in a racist or insulting manner, it hurts more. I think individuals who are trying to defend Paula Deen’s use of the “N’ word should probably familiarize themselves with all of the facts of the case against her.
Just so you know, in case you didn’t know, the person who initiated the complaint against Paula Deen and her brother is not black. She is a white female who was subjected to years of abuse and was finally fed up with her black employees being treated like animals, so stop thinking it was a black person complaining about Paula Deen’s use of the N word.
Paula Deen indicated that she used the N word over 20 years ago.
That is not what’s being alleged against her.
She went as far as telling a guy he was as black as a blackboard.
That lady is something else and I’m glad I never supported any of her ventures.
I personally find it insulting that so many black people are coming to the defense of Paula Deen, after reading what she and her family subjected their employees to. When I learned about the major companies dropping Paula Deen without being demanded to do so, I knew it was deep. The fact that any civil rights activist is supporting Paula Deen is insulting and is a slap in the face. Here’s a summary of some of the things being alleged against Paula Deen, her brother Bubba Hiers and the Deen business entities:
- Paula Deen, while planning her brother’s wedding in 2007, was asked what look the wedding should have. She replied, “I want a true southern plantation-style wedding.” When asked what type of uniforms the servers should wear, Paula stated, “well what I would really like is a bunch of little n*ggers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around; Black staff had to use the back entrance to enter and leave restaurant; Black staff could only use one bathroom; Black staff couldn’t work the front of the restaurants; Brother Bubba stated his wishes: “ I wish I could put all those n*ggers in the kitchen on a boat to Africa”; Bubba asked a black driver and security guard “don’t you wish you could rub all the black off you and be like me? You just look dirty; I bet you wish you could.” The guy told Bubba he was fine as is; Bubba on President Obama: they should send him to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, so he could n*gger-rig it; He shook an employee (Black again) and said” F your civil rights…you work for me and my sister Paula Deen; Paula’s son Jaime’s best friend managed the Lady & Sons restaurant. He threatened to fire all the ‘Monkeys’ in the kitchen. When Paula found out…she slapped him on the wrist and suggested that the employee visited Paula’s $13,000,000 mansion so he felt special and could be massaged.
I feel Paula Deen, her brother and anyone who treats people poorly should not be given a free pass. I wonder if Paula is truly sorry that she used the “N” word or that she was reported by someone who looks just like her. I appreciate the lady having the courage to report Paula Deen. It’s people like her and the videographer who leaked the 40% comments made by Mitt Romney who should be receiving the attention, not Paula Deen.
Daryl K. Washington is an attorney located in Dallas, Texas. His practice includes Sports and Entertainment, Civil Rights, Litigation and Business Transactions. The opinions expressed in the commentary are those of Daryl K. Washington. You can reach Daryl at email@example.com or you can visit his website at http://www.dwashlawfirm.com. – See more at: http://www.blacklegalissues.com/Article_Details.aspx?artclid=7dfdbe0461#sthash.NbfzQAn2.juB8sGWy.dpuf
- Why Paula Deen’s History (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- The Paula Deen Incident; you should know all that’s being alleged before defending her (aspoonfulofsuga.wordpress.com)
- No Surprise Here: Stacey Dash Tweets Supports For Paula Deen (indyhiphop.com)
- Do You Support Paula Deen? You Don’t Know The Full Story! (dangerouslee.biz)
- Jesse Jackson Agrees to Help Paula Deen (blackchristiannews.com)
- Paula Deen: I would not have fired me (today.com)
- Paula Deen Issues a Video Apology (Or Two) For Her Racist Slurs (thedailyshowcase.com)
- You Can’t Be Serious: Rev. Jesse Jackson Says He Can Help Fat Azz Paula Deen Redeem Her Racist Redneck Ways (bossip.com)
- Paula Deen’s Getting Fired From Everything (thesuperficial.com)
- Rev. Jackson: Paula Deen Should Not Be ‘Sacrificial Lamb’ (chicago.cbslocal.com)