146 Question, Approximately 45 minutes
For decades, a lot of emphasis has been put on certain aspects of intelligence such as logical reasoning, math skills, spatial skills, understanding analogies, verbal skills etc. Researchers were puzzled by the fact that while IQ could predict to a significant degree academic performance and, to some degree, professional and personal success, there was something missing in the equation. Some of those with fabulous IQ scores were doing poorly in life; one could say that they were wasting their potential by thinking, behaving and communicating in a way that hindered their chances to succeed.
One of the major missing parts in the success equation is emotional intelligence, a concept made popular by the groundbreaking book by Daniel Goleman, which is based on years of research by numerous scientists such as Peter Salovey, John Meyer, Howard Gardner, Robert Sternberg and Jack Block, just to name a few. For various reasons and thanks to a wide range of abilities, people with high emotional intelligence tend to be more successful in life than those with lower EIQ even if their classical IQ is average.
This emotional intelligence test will evaluate several aspects of your emotional intelligence and will suggest ways to improve it. Please be honest and answer according to what you really do, feel or think, rather than what you think is considered right in this test. Nobody is there to judge you, just yourself…and besides, there are many trick questions.
Read every statement carefully and indicate which option applies best to you. There may be some questions describing situations that you may feel are not relevant to your life. In such cases, select the answer which you would most likely choose if you ever found yourself in such a situation.
After finishing the test, you will receive a Snapshot Report with an introduction, a graph and a personalized interpretation for one of your test scores. You will then have the option to purchase the full results.
- Emotional intelligence is key to success (angerblog.wordpress.com)
- Emotional Intelligence Test (eitheory.com)
- You can really push my buttons! (eitheory.com)
- Emotional Intelligence Coaching is excellent for increasing civility (angerblog.wordpress.com)
- Happiness (eitheory.com)
- If Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is More Important than (IQ), These are Five Key Skills for Raising Your Emotional Intelligence! (heninuraini.wordpress.com)
- Tapping Our Emotional Spiritual Intelligence (ESQ) (heninuraini.wordpress.com)
- Emotional Intelligence for business performance (angerblog.wordpress.com)
- Emotional Intelligence (cherrypdtraining.wordpress.com)
- The Bio-Psycho-Social Model (eitheory.com)