Your emotions, regardless of how much strength you’ve learned to give to them, can be brought down, deconstructed and reshaped. You just have to learn how to give your knee-jerk response to emotional stimuli less strength – LESS OF A JERK. In order to do that you will have to commit to reinventing the way you think and behave.
You will approach that task by accepting and then adapting to a no-nonsense style of emotional problem solving.
You will learn and use a process of level-headed decision-making, becoming more efficient, flexible and open-minded when addressing our emotional problems.
There is always another emotional option. You can make fact-based observations, something most of us are unfamiliar with doing. You can incorporate in vivo (in life) exposure, i.e., homework, to encourage you to independently act against your SELF-DEFEATING thoughts and behaviors.
- Give the Gift of Emotional Intelligence (eitheory.com)
- Go Suck A Lemon: Strategies for Improving Your Emotional Intelligence (emotionalintelligencetheory.com)
- Go Suck A Lemon (eitheory.com)
- Go Suck a Lemon (eitheory.com)
- Think Twice! (eitheory.com)
- What Is Emotional Intelligence? (eitheory.com)
- What Is Emotional Intelligence (part ii) (eitheory.com)
- You can really push my buttons! (eitheory.com)
- Long-term and Episodic Emotional Stimuli (eitheory.com)
- Emotional Evolution (eitheory.com)