While we’re on the subject, there is no LETTING or UNLETTING people make you feel. There never has been. People do not have and never have had the ability to MAKE you feel, so there is no LETTING them do it or not do it.
YOU always make yourself feel emotion.
It’s like saying, “You ripped my heart out.” Of course we know that your heart wasn’t ripped out. It’s a figure of speech. Figures of speech, however, are the language we use to derive an emotion making figures of speech very important factors in how successfully we identify the source of our problems.
We have to learn to talk to ourselves and others differently.
More concretely, less figuratively, more reasonably.
- Figures of Speech (eitheory.com)
- He Said, She Said (kenradaniels.com)
- Paraprosdokians… (dljh1964.wordpress.com)
- 3… 2… 1… We have ignition! (r2rchallenge.wordpress.com)
- An Old Man’s Christmas Wish List (crabbyoldfart.wordpress.com)
- Galileo Galilei (earthpages.wordpress.com)
- Carlson: You have the right (ridenbaugh.com)
- Suspended examiner apologises to MPs (telegraph.co.uk)
- Exam boards sketch: MPs examine the examiners (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Case of Elliot (part three) (eitheory.com)